My Mother: An Ode




When I first opened my eyes,
I saw her beautiful face,
She took me in her arms,
And lifted me up with grace.

She planted a kiss on my forehead,
My cheeks, my eyes, my nose,
She never kept me apart,
Always held me so close.

She saved me from the rains & storms,
And never left me alone,
She always kept me safe & strong,
Made my sorrows her own.

She cleaned my nose & wiped my tears,
Even today she does the same,
Her loving touch allays my fears,
She makes her own, all my pains.

When I asked God who is She?
Why does she so much bother?
He said,”She is my alter ego, son”
“And she would be called, your Mother!”
:)


Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL lines Niket.

    But Mothers are not just an alter ego, but God in herself. Goddess rather. :)

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Blasphemous Aesthete: Thanks :)

    @Bhavesh: Thanks bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Puneet, the Panther: Thanks bro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me in tears.. :(
    thnx for reminding me how much i love my mom..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mahi: It's okay! :) Thanks for dropping by..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Niket, this is so beautiful! Your mom must be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anuradha: Thank you very much Anuradha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment