Naxalites or Jihadis? -by Fekuchand Reporter

The biggest problem which India is facing currently is terrorism; this is what we think as common citizens of independent India.

But, hey wait, I, Fekuchand Reporter, have got something else to tell you. Recently, I happened to visit one of the dreadful Naxal camps in the deep forests of Midnapore, Bengal and even got a chance to interview Jhingara Dingora, a Naxalite. Here is what Jhingara had to say when asked for the reasons for their guerrilla warfare:

“I am a farmer by profession, you know, but it isn’t self-sufficing. I, along with many other farmers had asked our Government several times to improve our conditions but our pleas fell on impotent dicks I think”, Jhingara seemed plaintive while saying. “So, we took up Naxalism as a part-time job, yeah”, he continued plainly.

“Our chief says” continued Jhingara after a brief pause, “that our fight is against the system, landlords, babus, politicians, IAS and the police but still I don’t understand the killings of those 10 villagers in Bihar.” His face fumed with anger.

When I asked him whether injustice, seclusion and poverty were their main concerns, he intervened, “Injustice, yes, but poverty, MY FOOT! The chief is raining gold man; we still live in adversity”

On being asked to comment on terrorism in India, pat came the reply, “The jihadis are DICKHEADS! They use sophisticated tools and weapons for attacks and communication, and we, traditional methods. Inspite of that they have been able to claim only around say, 450 lives since January 2007 and we around 1500, that’s 3 times.”, he proudly claimed. “Just have a look at those jihadis; our women are a lot stronger than pricks like Ajmal Kasab”, he said, literally laughing his ass off.

“I just want to get out of this shitty Naxalism because this sucks big time man and am looking forward to join the Indian army to serve our country. After all I am an Indian too, ain’t I? ”, he whispered and ended on, which seemed to me, a serious note.

After I reached home, a serious thought struck me - Man, who are more dangerous, the Naxalites or the Jihadis? Should government try their patriotism or try to improve their conditions & help them have a say in the society or just hunt them down like the Srilankans did?

Comments

Post a Comment